Kevin Brosius on Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:41:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] September's presentation

> Okay, so you may or may not know that I'm giving the presentation at the
> next PLUG meeting.  I'd like for it to be more than just a
> "let's-watch-Bill-read-us-the-HOWTO-for-90-minutes" kind of talk.
> Anything anybody want to see specifically covered?  I figured I'd ask
> now, so I'd still have a bit of time to do some research.  I'm planning
> on finalizing my notes over the next couple of weekends, but at this
> point I can't think of much more than "Let us now turn to the
> HOWTO.  Chapter 3, Section..."  Obviously, no speaker wants to put his
> audience to sleep or waste their time.  So what do the *people* want? ;)
>
> The topic is Ext2 file undeletion.  (Yes, it's possible.  No, it *ain't*
> pretty.  Yes, you definitely want to avoid it.  Backups are a Good
> Thing.)
>
> Bill

How about;
- Are there any tools to help in the process?  Any program that gives
you raw filesystem info or let's you manipulate it?
- Are there any Ext2 defragmenters?  And if so do they make recovery
impossible?
- Are you aware of any other Linux fs which makes it easier to recover
lost files?  (That could be a hard one to answer...  For example, I've
started to run reiserfs everywhere I can, but haven't looked into lost
file recovery.)

--
Kevin Brosius