Charles Stack on Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:37:42 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] PGP ADK Vulnerability.

The source code for PGP 5.5+ is not available for review as it is closed
source.
The source for RSA's products are also closed source.  If you want access to
those sources, be prepared to fork over $25K for each product in question.
If you have the source code for the PGP versions in question, then please
tell US how you obtained them.

I don't question the integrity of PGP 2.6...that's pre-commercializated
version of PGP.  I question the integrity of the commercial products with
closed source (version 5.5-6 whatever).  I find it hard to believe that the
ADK was a design flaw given their relationship with the key recovery effort.
But, supposedly, the same design "flaw" exists in some versions gnuPGP as
well.

Anyway..it's food for thought or fodder.

BTW...there's a black van across the street. <G>  And...yes...I've seen
black helicopters, too. <g>

cjs