mg on Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:01:12 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] crypt.h

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, William G. Zappasodi wrote:

> crypt.h gives me an error when I run make. Trying to install mysql in slack
> 4. I installed descrypt package, I tried commenting out the offending line.
> Nothing. Any other suggestions would be helpful.
> Thanks.

First off, you need to tell us what the error message is if you expect
anyone to be able to even point you in the general direction of a
solution. Second, Slackware 4 is a bit old now. For starters it doesn't
have glibc (correct me if I'm wrong about this but i dont think i am) and
the software it ships with is most likely dated. I'd go get yourself the
latest version, slackware 7. Old C libraries could be one reason why
you cant get a current version of MySQL to compile. So get back to us with
the error message first and then consider upgrading your distribution.

mg