Bill Jonas on Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Odd CRC file errors and md5 checksum mismatches - Any ideas?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Pete Foley wrote:

>Also, I am not a huge network guru so I don't know if this is an issue
>or not, but I have noticed that even when there is no other network
>traffic, when I make large network copies, the collision light on my
>hub starts to blink.  Is that normal? If not can it be corrected?
>The hub that I am using is a Linksys 5 port hub.

It happens with mine at home if it take more than a few seconds.  I've
got some old 5-port 10BT hub without a readily visible brand name on
it. :)  I haven't had any problems so far.

(Of course, what I'd *really* like is a 100BTX 16-port *switch*...)

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.billjonas.com/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/