Vik Bajaj on Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:39:46 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] how do you change resolution setting after the install

Kim,

The first issue might be that the SVGA server supplied with RH 6.2/XFree 3.x
does not support > 8 bit 800x600 in my recollection for Neomagic (at least
the one in my laptop suffers from this problem).  I think that you have to
either download the binary-only XFCom/XMF/whatever neomagic server or upgrade
to the new buggy XFree 4.  I forget the download site, but I have it on my
laptop and will try to send it tonight.

After this, you can edit files in /etc/X11/ and manually enable the
appropriate modelines, or you can use XConfigurator.  XConfigurator
will be unaware of neomagic drivers and will still try to use the
XF86_SVGA server.  Thus, move the SVGA server somewhere and make a link
from the neomagic server to XF86_SVGA.  Then proceed with XConfigurator
as normal.

Truly,
Vik