Kevin Falcone on Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:15:59 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Re: how do you change resolution setting after the install

  VB> The first issue might be that the SVGA server supplied with RH
  VB> 6.2/XFree 3.x does not support > 8 bit 800x600 in my
  VB> recollection for Neomagic (at least the one in my laptop suffers
  VB> from this problem).

After the initial redhat 6.2 install, I was able to run my Neomagic
card at 1024x768 16bit.  This laptop was and is using X3.3.6. I'm not
sure why the two of you are having problems, as I simply used
Xconfigurator to set this up.  So, RedHat 6.2's SVGA server must
contain support.  XF86Config available upon request, but it is a
vanilla config.

-kevin

--
Coffee without caffeine is like a kiss on the forehead -- Paul Harvey