Bill Jonas on Fri, 1 Sep 2000 20:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] :Cue:Cat and Intellectual Property

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Jack Wilkinson wrote:

>what do you guys think of this?

I saw it on Slashdot today.  It seems as though they are saying, "We may
do something at some point in the future, if we find a legal excuse to
do it.  And if we *do* decide to do something, you can bet it'll be
bad."

Personally, I don't see how this infringes on any of their rights.
Somebody figured out how to talk to the scanner (several people,
actually) and wrote programs to do just that.  They're not claiming that
the software is from the manufacturer, they're not selling it, and
they're not trying to sell the hardware.  Anybody else have any thoughts
on this?

Was this delivered to you today?

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.billjonas.com/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/