jackw on Fri, 1 Sep 2000 21:13:02 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] :Cue:Cat and Intellectual Property

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 08:38:14PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Jack Wilkinson wrote:
>
> >what do you guys think of this?
>
> I saw it on Slashdot today.  It seems as though they are saying, "We may
> do something at some point in the future, if we find a legal excuse to
> do it.  And if we *do* decide to do something, you can bet it'll be
> bad."

yes, I saw the slashdot stuff, in fact I brought it up with cmdrtaco on irc
today, and have been in a daylong discussion about it (#kuro5hin on
irc.slashnet.org if you're interested) with various passers-by, since we
have the platform-independant version.  It seems like a simple scare, and
I'm going to write a letter back to them (after passing it through a lawyer
and such, of course) explaining my take on your next paragraph, which I
mostly agree with.