Kevin Falcone on Sat, 2 Sep 2000 23:45:53 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] CCCCD-R(W) Backup Tools

I no longer have the original thread, or I would reply to it, but I
figured that I would pass this along, as it claims to be linux
software that handles spanning CD-Rs during backup.

-kevin

 application: cddump 0.5
      author: Fraser McCrossan <fraserm@gtn.net>
     license: GPL
    category: Console/Backup
     urgency: medium

    homepage: http://freshmeat.net/redir/homepage/952275467/
    download: http://freshmeat.net/redir/download/952275467/

cddump is a Perl wrapper around mkisofs and cdrecord that behaves in a
similar manner to the standard dump(8) utility. It backs up files to
single or multiple CD-Rs or CD-RWs, and fully supports full,
differential, and incremental backups and single- or multi-session
discs.

Changes:
This version adds a -p option to generate a
directory-permission-correcting script, an -r option to retain ISO
image without burning a disc, and verbose mode now displays filenames
to be dumped.

--
N recursive algorithms on the wall,
N recursive algorithms,