M. Simons on Sun, 3 Sep 2000 22:46:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] :Cue:Cat and Intellectual Property

> Any lawyers or people familiar with intellectual property?  Check out the
> following I got today from our friends at FedEx:

I would recommend emailing the Free Software Foundation, the EFF, etc with
this request for information, and possibly help.

I might also recommend Stark & Stark -- unfortunately I don't have the
specific business card or name of the right guy (I believe they are a very
large firm) but I have previously heard them speak at TCF's regarding
computer crime, y2k problems, and legalities... so they are at least
computer savvy.. or have lawyers who are.

I would also remind you that this mailing list is freely searchable on
the net, and freely joinable.  Now, I don't think you are doing anything
wrong, however, I would advise you to be cautious in your correspondance.

As a side note, I love how this letter shows a complete lack of copyrights
or trademark notices.