Darxus on Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:06:53 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] cueurl

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 08:54:05PM -0400, jackw@slinky.jounce.net wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 05:51:27PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Sep 2000 jackw@slinky.jounce.net wrote:
> >
> > >note that the decoder I and others made at http://www.jounce.net/~maarken
> > >has quite a bit more functionality than this and most other scripts do, and
> > >is cross-platform.

I knew someone had done this, but I hadn't seen anything that did, so I
figured it didn't make it into the mirrors before people stopped
distributing them or something.

> > I'd seen yours, I was just trying to figure out why it didn't work for
> > me.  Yours is quite good, BTW.

Could you send me the output of your cuecat ?  I just hexedited the output
of mine, and I'm not seeing anything before the 1st ".".

> > I noticed your script goes to barpoint.com for CDs.  I was thinking
> > about writing a script to catalog one's CDs.  The site has almost
> > everything I want, except for the track names (and possibly
> > lengths).  Do you know of a site that will accept a barcode and provide
> > the extra information?

So basically what you want is cddb, except using barcodes, not CD
fingerprints (or whatever you call them that cddb uses).  This reminded me
of a slashdot article (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/08/27/222247)
which mentioned www.freedb.org, which is... "...everything that was once
good about cddb, including that little free part....".

So I'm thinking there might be some possibility of storing barcode info to
link to the rest of the info there.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com