Kevin Brosius on Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:02:16 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] learning TEX/LaTEX

Used it for a while in college (TeX).  It's very powerful.  If I recall
correctly there're a couple books, 'The TeXbook' by Donald E. Knuth, and
"The LaTeX Users Guide' or something similar.  Check out
http://www.bookpool.com (I'm not much of a fan of Amazon) and search on
Latex for 9 titles.  I don't see one I recognize, but it's been about 10
years ago.

I used to check The TeXbook out of our college library and use it
extensively.  The only downside I can think of is the lack of WYSIWYG
editing.  If you've got a printer to do a lot of output testing, or
aren't very picky about output appearance then you'll do fine.  Of
course, you may be able to preview on Linux/Unix much easier now than I
could back then.

Kevin