Chad Glynn on Sat, 9 Sep 2000 03:05:36 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Looking to buy new dual-processor system

Hey all,

	I'm looking to buy a new system, running linux of course, and I am
looking either a dealer that can give me the best out there, or advice as
to what I can get. I'm looking to buy a dual-processing powerhouse.

	Last system I bought was about a year ago, a dual-processor as
well running linux. I built this system myself but I had spent a lot of
time learning the new technology out there and what was compatible with
linux because I don't keep up with that as much as I would like to.

	I looked at VA linux because my company buys quite a bit from
them, and a few dealers listed on price watchs, but the most they offered
for dual-processing was 800mhz, if they offered dual-processing at all.
One place that did offer a dual-processing system had a dual 550mhz
for $1,800.00 I thought it was quite a ripp-off because I built a system
at the same speed with *more* faetures for $1,200, and that was a year
ago.

	So, I'm wondering if anyone here on the list knows of a good
dealer that could offer the best, and *knows* what is linux compatible.
Or, better yet, if anyone can offer me advice as to what the the latest
stuff out there that is compatible for linux, as well as what motherboard
have the latest dual-proccessing abilities. I'm looking to get the fastest
daul-processing out there (1ghz cpus?), as well as a great gfx card so
that I can play some multimedia stuff on.

Thanks in advance!

			Chad :)