Lehman, Drew on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Informational Survey

   I was sent thing from O'Reilly books because I am an officer of PANTUG.
They are asking people to participate in a Peer to Peer survey and are
offeringa  chance to win 10 books of your choice.
  I checked with O'Reilly, and they gave me permission to extend this to the
PLUG group.

  Here is the letter:

Hello,

  O'Reilly invites you and your group members to participate in a survey
  that will help O'Reilly understand the technical potential of the peer
  to peer wave in technology.  The survey information will assist in
  developing the structure of an upcoming O'Reilly Conference:  Peer to
  Peer (P2P).  Take the survey, and you will be entered to win 10 books
  of your choice. For those of you who aren't familiar with peer to peer,
  take a look at this article by Andy Oram:
  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/09/22/p2psummit.html

  to participate in the survey go to:
  http://www.oreilly.com/news/p2p_survey.html

  The Peer to Peer Conference will take place at the St. Francis Hotel in
  San Francisco, February 14 to 16. Early next year we are also
  publishing  "Peer-to-Peer: The Disruptive Potential of Collaborative
  Networking".

  We'd be grateful if you'd fill in the survey and let others know about
  its existence.  We feel that an important new technological trend is
  building but we don't have a handle on its shape or who's interested in
  it.  As you know, we at O'Reilly were at the forefront of the
  commercialization of the Internet, the early development of the Web,
  and have been a major force behind the growth of Open Source.  Tim
  O'Reilly, our founder and CEO, strongly believes that Peer-to-Peer
  constitutes another such groundbreaking force for change.

  The information in the survey is strictly for our
  internal analysis.

  Thanks for your support.