Steve Creel on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:45:18 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] web-based email

I'll interject my vote for IMP.  If you set imp up to do IMAP [the debian
package is modified to allow pop3, not sure if the regular distribution
allows it yet or not], and your regular email client to use IMAP, you get
all kinds of benefits from them all.  You can use procmail to split your
folders up, you can get to your folders both in webmail from wherever you
might be, as well as when you are on your regular workstation, using a
regular mail client.

We tried Endomyon's [or some spelling of it :)] webmail, and actually paid
for the license when imp was a little bit underdeveloped.  Once imp was
available, we gladly switched, because it was just a far superior package,
atleast in respect to the needs we had.  We also used AtDot for a while,
but that was an extremely bare-bones system we ditched.

Steve

Steve Creel                           Nothin But Net, LLC.
                                      screel@nothinbut.net

"Always do right.  This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."
		-- Mark Twain