Andrew Auderieth on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:39:13 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] web-based email

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:30:31PM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I want to run a web mail interface on my home machine for access when
> not at home. (Actually, not for me, but forget that part.)
>
> I've been looking at acmemail (cf. freshmeat).
>
> Anyone have any experience or suggestions?
>
> Note that I'm *not* talking about wanting an account. I'm talking
> about wanting to set up something on my own machine at home, together
> with my existing httpd, to allow mail access from outside. The license
> must be GPL, BSD, artistic, or other "do what you will" type license.

I think acmemail is kinda cool.  If you want to give a little testdrive,
check out:
http://webmail2.serve.com  (and excuse the colors.  they're 1/2 the
default colors, and 1/2 my company's, and they don't mesh very well...)

--
				Andrew Auderieth
				      CEO

http://www.serve.com/					   info@mail.serve.com