Dennis Dougherty on Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:52:03 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Hi list! Virus checkers?

On 4 Oct 2000, at 10:57, Inkdog.com Staff wrote:

> I have a slight problem..
>
> I got a few minor virus's on my LAN.... I was wondering if any one uses virus protection softwear.. either for linux or M$... what you are using and why.... what you would recommend for me and why...
>
> I have about 5 computers... one of which is a linux box providing a internet connection to three windows machines.. and a SCO unix server.  The windows machines are all running 98 second edition... I would need something (Norton?)  to cover the windows machines.. and the linux I am not sure of.
 I did do some minor searches... but this is generally the best way to get some more information.

We use InoculateIT from Computer Associates ( formerly
Cheyenne ) for our NetWare / NT servers and clients. Check out
vfind from Cybersoft (http://www.cyber.com) for cross-platform
tools. I use a third-party vendor to filter all our corporate mail (
several domains ) at a very reasonable rate ( contact Mark
Thomas: mark@misty.com ). He catches all the MS macro and
VBS stuff.

Dennis J. Dougherty, CPIM
MIS Manager