Walt Mankowski on Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:46:26 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Problem with .xinitrc

I've got a fresh new Debian Potato install.  Mostly things seem to be
working fine, but I'm having a strange problem I can't figure out.

If I run startx without a ~/.xinitrc, X loads just fine.  But if I
have a .xinitrc, even if it's 0 bytes, X exits immediately.  I tried
making .xinitrc executable, but that didn't make any difference.  The
output from startx looks normal and no errors are reported.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Walt