Joseph B. Welsh on Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Fwd: [PLUG] IP Masq and VPN Clients

Hey Group,

I just wanted to initiate a discussion about using a VPN client
when on a masq'ed LAN.  It seemed to me that at the meeting on
Wednesday it was determined that it is not possible.  However, I
have had this working at home for some time now

I also have a vpn client working on my home network. I have a Linux Mandrake 7.1 box with a patched kernal to
masq IPSEC protocol. My client is Bay Networks Extranet Client in a win98 box. It works great.

If it helps at all, the firewall box (and all of the other boxes
that I run except my laptop) run Debian (Woody).  On my laptop I
use Windoze 2000 when I have to run the Shiva VPN Client.  Any
comments, questions, or "Dude, you are gonna get hacked quick with
this setup" suggestions are welcome.  I just thought that I would
show that this is in fact possible and how I got it to work.

If anybody is interested I would detail my system and how I got to it to work

Joe