Brent R. Matzelle on Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:48:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] samba and win2k

I have never had a problem with Win2k accessing a user-level
Samba share.  However, I set it up using encrypted passwords,
which means that you'll need to create users with
/usr/sbin/smbpasswd.  Allowing Win2k to read plain text
passwords is not guaranteed to function correctly.

Brent

=====
http://www.matzelle.net