Charles Stack on Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] surge projectors

Actually, I never asked about contacting the police or the FBI.  I responded
to someone else who wanted to know what authorities to contact.   I agree
that he (Neal Felix) is probably highly embarrassed by the incident and if
everyone else thinks its appropriate to let him back in, I won't object.
But, after discussing this incident with a former criminal justice major,
what he did may very well constitute a crime because he disseminated this
material to are individuals on this list that are under the age of consent.

Since I am no lawyer, let's see if our friendly Trooper thinks its worth
worrying about.

cjs

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Bill Jonas
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 4:50 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] surge projectors

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 03:47:12PM -0400, adam wrote:
> Why would this picture be illegal in any way?

I wasn't suggesting anything about the picture itself; the person I was
replying to simply asked about contacting the FBI.  I was pointing out that
it wasn't necessary as a PA Computer Crimes policeman is subscribed to the
list, and pointed out where they could contact him directly (I'm not sure,
but I don't think Jon Nelson reads the list everyday).

Just information; I wasn't making a judgement call on the content itself.

--
Bill Jonas                | "If you haven't gotten where you're going,
bill@billjonas.com        |  you aren't there yet." --George Carlin