Charles Stack on Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:32:42 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] surge projectors - Follow up

I spoke with a former police chief that I work with today about this
incident.  The gist is that the action is illegal (at least in the state of
Maryland) because:

1) The image was sent without consent.  Porn may be sent only upon request.

2) There are underage individuals who received the material.  You must be of
legal age to receive these images.  That is why porn sites require you to
acknowledge you are at least 18 years of age and require that YOU download
the material.

What scares me is that if if an individual who did this were in my/your
employ and used company facilities to upload/download and store these
images, that they place the entire company in jeopardy as well.  This is
especially true if people are aware of the activity. I'm sure Mr. Felix is
aware of the significance in his lapse of judgement.

I'll shut up now.

cjs