Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:41:13 -0400 (EDT)

Nelix (was: Re: [PLUG] surge projectors - Follow up)

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 10:33:16AM -0400, Charles Stack wrote:
> I spoke with a former police chief that I work with today about this
> incident.  The gist is that the action is illegal (at least in the state of
> Maryland) because:
>
> 1) The image was sent without consent.  Porn may be sent only upon request.

Come on, you saw the apology: the image was also sent by accident.

I believe most of those laws require that one intend to send such an
image to the recipient. This doesn't fall into that category.

Give the guy a break. We're supposed to be supportive of newbies, not
threatening them with legal action if an error happens to offend us.

How is the world a better place if nelix is prosecuted or suffers
punitive action, even by us?

--
 Jeff Abrahamson
 610/270-4845