Andrew White on Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:56:50 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] DCANet IPV6 and USENET (was Re: 6bone - was PPPoE (was RE: [PLUG] DSL, Bell Atlantic, and Me))

Hi Bill,

We cannot use IPv6 addresses for customer assignment until
all of our upstream providers will route them.  Also, very
few devices -- at the customer premise or here in our network
center -- can easily handle IPv6 addressing.

We are certainly looking forward to the day when there is
some relief from the pressure to conserve IPv4 addresses.

On the brighter side, DCANet dialup and DSL customers will
notice our USENET news service is much improved!  A new
dual 733 Mhz XEON system with a 270GB RAID array is allowing
us to serve up news faster and store it longer.

-Andrew White
 DCANet