Michael Leone on Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:06:08 -0400

[PLUG] OT: SysAdmin Humor

For you Monty Python fans out there ...

Set to a classic Monty Python tune, "I'm a lumberjack ".

     I never really wanted to be a scientist.
     I wanted to be...a...A SYSADMIN!

     [system engineer choir and shift supervisor enter, music strikes up]

     Oh, I'm a sysadmin and I'm OK,
     I grep all night and I chown all day.

     [choir] He's a sysadmin and he's OK, He greps all night and he
     chowns all day.

     I ping the nodes, I do PM, I awk and perl and sed.
     I've got a Star Wars lunchbox, and Tron sheets on my bed!

     [choir] He pings the nodes, he does PM, he awks and perls and
     seds.
     He's got a Star Wars lunchbox, and Tron sheets on his bed!
     [repeat chorus]

     I ping the nodes, I change the rates,
     I fork the processes. I wish that all my lusers would catch some
     rare disease!

     [choir, growing slightly uncomfortable] He pings the nodes, he
     changes rates, He forks the processes. He wishes all his lusers
     would catch some rare disease! [choir brightens as they repeat
     chorus]

     I ping the nodes, I lock the /home partition and umounts.
     I post .gifs of my boss's daughter from his own account!

     [choir, very uncomfortable and trailing off]
     He pings the nodes, he locks the /home partition and
     umounts...??