Charles Stack on Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:35:59 -0400

RE: [PLUG] OT: SysAdmin Humor

We had a similar chant in college (to be sung after EE and CE exams at
Drexel to the tune of "lumberjack").  Our user's group spent too much time
hacking, screwing around rather than trying to pass exams.  By the time we
all figured it out, most were close to being kicked out of school (or
dropped out).

    THE VENT MAN SONG
     (DUser's Theme)
Author--let's leave it anonmymous.

I'm a vent man and I'm okay
I sleep here almost every day.
I chew my food, grunt and shout,
and sleep under the old pine tree.

On Wednesdays I go shopping
I get my food for free.
Grab old coats and trousers
and trashed lipton bags for tea.

I'm a vent man and I'm okay
I sleep here almost every day.
I chew my food, grunt and shout,
and sleep under the old pine tree.

so if you see me on my vent
Don't pay me any heed.
while you pay taxes
I don't pay not rent.

I'm a vent man and I'm okay
I sleep here almost every day.
I chew my food, grunt and shout,
and sleep under the old pine tree.

We had gone so far in our crusade as to map out every vent in the
Penn/Drexel area regarding desirability.

Criteria?

Did it have heat (steam) or did it blow cool air?
Did it have close proximity to frequently filled trash cans?
Did it provide some sort of shelter from winds or really foul weather?

Even mapped out our summer vacation vents (they blew cool air).

Yes...we had too much perceived time on our hands.
I was the only one in the initial group to actually graduate (but all are
successful...go figure).

I still wonder whatever happened to the map...

cjs