Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:40:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] certifications

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 10:06:13AM -0400, Anderson, Tim    TL33E wrote:
> Hi list,
> I've been looking at trying to become Linux certified, to help in my quest
> for a job developing on a real OS.   The SAIR programme looks pretty good,
> does anyone have experience with this or any other certification?
> Recommendations or comments would be appreciated.

Does anyone know of any employers who care about certifications? MS
has done a good job of convincing people that their certification
programs mean something, but it's always seemed like pure marketing to
me. Are their really employers who care? (Apologies to TA, above.)

Folks I've worked for care more what I know than who I paid to say
that I know it.

--
 Jeff