Michael Leone on Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:26:41 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] certifications

> Does anyone know of any employers who care about certifications? MS
> has done a good job of convincing people that their certification
> programs mean something, but it's always seemed like pure marketing to
> me. Are their really employers who care? (Apologies to TA, above.)

Oh, sure. Every time I've interviewed, I've been asked that question - got a
cert?.

Only told once that it made a difference in whether i was considered for
further interviews, tho.

> Folks I've worked for care more what I know than who I paid to say
> that I know it.

Depends. If HR screens out non-certified before passing your resume on to
Systems for consideration (beause they have a list of "minimum
requirements" - one of which is a cert), it surely can make a difference.