Bill Jonas on Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:44:03 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Linux on a "no-pci slot" machine

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 09:23:01PM -0400, Jaiwant Mulik wrote:
> It seems that there are boot images that can help you (net install) on a
> non-PCI machine, but I can't see to find one. Does anyone have a
> alternative or pointer to where I can find the required boot disk image ?

It depends on which distribution you're trying to install.  Which one
is it?  It also depends on what kind of networking card(s) you have.
What kind do you have?  Without that kind of info, only guesses can be
made as to a possible solution.  From your description, it *sounds* like
you're trying to install Debian (because of the drivers disks -- I could
be guessing wrongly here).  In that case, you might want to have a look at
<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-kernel-choice>.

--
Bill Jonas                | "If you haven't gotten where you're going,
bill@billjonas.com        |  you aren't there yet." --George Carlin