Darxus on Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:16:43 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Fwd: Free Linux & Open Source Magazine for Philadelphia LUG!

Do we want to do this ?

----- Forwarded message from Betsy Cameron <receptionist@osdn.com> -----

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:05:25 -0500
From: "Betsy Cameron" <receptionist@osdn.com>
To: <darxus@chaosreigns.com>
Subject: Free Linux & Open Source Magazine for Philadelphia LUG!

Hello,

Open Magazine, the premiere monthly Linux and Open Source magazine for
e-business, invites your Linux User Group to participate in a very special
program that will make the magazine available at no cost to your membership
and guests.  If purchased each month at the newsstand, Open Magazine would
cost nearly $60 a year, but it can be free to qualified subscribers.  Here?s
how the program works:

Initially, we'll send you enough magazines to distribute a copy to each
person at your next monthly meeting.  Just tell us how many you'll need.

At your meeting, you'll distribute the magazines and make an announcement
explaining how to subscribe (each magazine has two application forms
inside ? they're on card stock and are full page in size ? you can't miss
them).  Anyone involved in technology in a business environment has a good
shot at qualifying to receive Open completely free for a year, and should be
encouraged to subscribe in order to receive their own copy in the mail each
month.

After the first shipment, we'll be happy to send a smaller number of copies
each month for guests and others who might not have subscribed.  This will
become a "standing order" which you can expect to receive each month.  Your
magazines will be shipped during the first week of each month.

Additionally, whenever you host a LinuxFest or are involved in a large Linux
or Open Source gathering in your area, we?d be happy to send more copies.

If this program interests you, please reply to this email and provide the
following:
1)	Your name
2)	Number of copies for the initial shipment
3)	Number of copies for the ongoing standing order
4)	A postal address to send the magazines to

I hope you take advantage of this special offer from Open Magazine!

Sincerely,

Betsy Cameron

----- End forwarded message -----

--