Mike Leone on Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:42:41 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] This tiresome political debate

> Reading the debates of Al Bore vs George Dubya is sad.
>
> Darxus posted a thoughtful and well-written (I thought) plea to vote and
> try to make a difference.  I posted a thoughtful and well-written (IMHO)
> bit about creating new alternatives.  Just like Free and Open Source
> software is a real alternative.  Has anyone responded to either of them
> in a thoughtful manner?  No.  We want to argue over which of the two
> corporate welfare whores is better.

Because everyone agrees that getting out to vote is a Good Thing.

However, this is POLITICS. You can't just say one innoucous thing like
that, and expect people to leave it at that. That's why I asked for it
not to continue ... and then let myself get dragged into it anyway. But
everybody's allowed one mistake, right?

Michael J. Leone <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>