Erik Yunghans on Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:08:08 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] I-Openers / other hackable things.

i bought two of these machines when they were in its 'prime'. (ie. i have
two that are no-gooed, no bios pinned, etc). i must say, these things are
quite intriquing, and have about a ton of useful little uses.

there is a specific linux distributiuon that i helped work on at:

http://jailbait.sourceforge.net

it is pretty sweet, and i can help anyone out with these buggers as ive had
plenty of experience with these lil x terms.

regards,
erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Flint Heart [mailto:n-tropy@n-tropy.com]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 11:56 PM
To: PLUG
Subject: [PLUG] I-Openers / other hackable things.

Since i like playing with these toys, and i know several list members are
interested in networkable toys, I thought to start this thread since its a
bit clearer.  I found a guy selling selling i-openers and am waiting on a
the one i ordered before i share his info with everyone but looks like
those of you who missed the fuss or had difficulties might have a chance
to play.  Also there are some ibm thin clients that make great great
X-terms for linux boxes.  You can get them for anywhere from 29-99
usualy.  If there is some interest in this stuff bill jonas was suggesting
I give a presentation.  I love inexpensive hardware toys i can either load
linux on or access my linux box with.  I'll be setting up a page with some
links shortly so ppl know what to look for.

Thanks

N-Tropy