Eric Reischer on Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:06:20 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Kernel frozen

Has anybody ever had a problem with either the kernel or INIT hanging when it tries to start up (init, that is)? I have a PowerPC machine that I have built a 2.4 kernel for (It won't work with 2.2) and it always hangs just after freeing unused kernel memory. I was speaking with somebody who said that means you need to compile something into the kernel, but they forgot what it was. Anybody know? Thanks.

Eric Reischer                           "You can't depend on your eyes
emr@engr.de.psu.edu                      if your imagination is out of focus."
emr@ccil.org                                            -- Mark Twain