Jeff Dean on Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:23:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Linux certification

If you ignore RHCE, your choices are Sair and LPI. Both intend to be distribution neutral. Sair has some heavyweights on its advisory board, but is a one-stop-shop of exams, training materials, and prep materials. One could argue that this is a conflict of interest. LPI is a non-profit and specifically will not become involved in or endorse specific training or materials, and they also have some impressive backers.

Check out http://oreilly.linux.com/pub/q/linux_professional for some additional info.

BTW - what suburban college?

jd