Tim Peeler on Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:44:39 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Linux certification

Hi all.  I'm currently teaching some non-credit Linux courses at a suburban
community college.  We're looking into expanding this to a certificate
program here.  I just looked at the sair certification site
(www.linuxcertification.com) and would like some input.  Is this a reputable
company?  I seem to remember some points of contention over a couple of
competing certification standards sometime last year, but right now my
recollection of it is a bit hazy.  I don't want to go with a certification
that isn't going to be backed in a year from now.  I had been thinking of
RHCE, but I would rather go with a certification for any GNU/Linux system.
Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Tim

Ps.  I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, this is something we're looking
into.