Mike Leone on Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:02:35 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Installing KDE2 - UPDATE

> > On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Mike Leone wrote:
>
> > Uninstall kde 1.1.12 and all its spawn first, then delete the
> > directories that weren't empty.  Then install the kde package in the
> > order that you'd use for a new install.
>
> How would I go about uninstalling kde 1.1.12 properly? In what order do I uninstall? Where is this
> information listed?

So what I did was go thru the whole GNORPM listings, and uninstalling
anything that said KDE. Or anything that said it depended on any of
those things.

By hand.

Damn annoying way to do it, but eventually it worked.

(BTW - "rpm -e kde*" did NOT work; idiot thing said there were no
packages named kde* installed.

::SIGH::

Anyway, I eventually installed all the KDE2 RPMs (I had to intall with
the --force option, even after uninstalling the old ones, but what the
hell).

So now I have it - altho I seem to be missing some icons, for some of
the apps.