Greg Lopp on Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:57:55 -0500

Re: [PLUG] RAM Upgrade problems

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 10:34:12AM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:

> [...]
I tried adding append="mem=192M" to my lilo.conf   I got a general
> protection fault just after the memory size info was printed during startup.
>
> > I did a search on memory upgrading and everyone seems to agree that a
> > modern LILO and kernel should auto-detect.  What am I missing here?
>
> "Should" is correct. How much do you have now, anyway? I know my RedHat 6.2
> (kernel 2.2.16-3, on an Asus mobo) properly sees my 384M RAM.
I'm kind of fixated on that should.  I'd be happy to get it work, I'd
be far happier to get it to work on its own.

I have 192M in there and seen by the BIOS, only 64M is getting used once I'm into linux.