Greg Lopp on Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:38:00 -0500

[PLUG] RAM Upgrade problems

This is supposed to be simple....

I got some more RAM, pluged it in, restarted the machine.  The BIOS
detects it and sucessfully tests it, but the linux kernel only seems
to find the original 64M.

LILO   : 0.21
Kernel : 2.2.17

Its an Amptron PM-0598MR w/ a AMD K6-2 450.  The Amptron web site
isn't much help.  Although they do have linux drivers, they do not
have much in the way of support.  I did try the "Boot to OS/2 over
64M" switch in the BIOS settings - then linux reported 14M, a step in
the wrong direction.

I did a search on memory upgrading and everyone seems to agree that a
modern LILO and kernel should auto-detect.  What am I missing here?
(other than the extra 128M)