Kevin Falcone on Fri, 8 Dec 2000 13:57:42 -0500

[PLUG] Re: RAM Upgrade problems

  GL> I did a search on memory upgrading and everyone seems to agree
  GL> that a modern LILO and kernel should auto-detect.  What am I
  GL> missing here?  (other than the extra 128M)

But, some recent BIOSes are broken, so linux can't auto detect (it
currently auto-detects the 162M in my machine)

try adding the following to your lilo.conf

append="mem=128M"

this allows you to tell the kernel how much ram you have.  The hihgmem
options shouldn't kick in until 1gig of RAM.

-kevin

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line for the same reason
that only children read books with only pictures in them.