MaD dUCK on Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:10:20 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Should I study Linux or NT first?

also sprach Rupert Heesom (on Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:33:18AM +0500):
> If I do some NT exams, will the industry let me get away with just a
> couple of MCPs or do I need to do the full MCSE?   I don't really want
> to, since I'm NOT a microsoft fan!

on a related note, the MCSE is a joke! it took me 2 weeks, no classes,
just the o'reilly "here are the basics" book and three NT machines and
(without trying to brag) passed every one of the 6 exams with
1000/1000. they are totally trivial if you can think computers. but
they are useless since everyone can do them (by reason of sites such
as www.leuthard.ch/mcse) and so i don't even think employers are
impressed anymore... they might possibly require it, but would you
really want to work with windoze your life long?

i'd say go for LPI! the linux/unix market is where the future is at.
micro$oft is going down...

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
"the human brain is like an enormous fish --
 it is flat and slimy