Rupert Heesom on Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:39:03 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Should I study Linux or NT first?

All at PLUG:

I am currently Novell CNE qualified and want to qualify further in the
IT field.

I really want to do a Linux qual next (LPI), but think that the market
place demands NT.

If I do some NT exams, will the industry let me get away with just a
couple of MCPs or do I need to do the full MCSE?   I don't really want
to, since I'm NOT a microsoft fan!

I would like to study a lot more about Linux, but am afraid that I will
be losing time if this doesn't help me in the job market in the same way
of NT would.   I will have to do *some* NT at some stage.....

I'm also assuming that if I study Linux, the employers will look on it
as a UNIX clone knowledge if UNIX background is sought.   Is this
realistic?

regs
rupert heesom