Rupert Heesom on Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:27:43 -0500

[PLUG] Re: PLUG digest, Vol 1 #754 - 13 msgs

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 09:22:16PM +0500, Rupert Heesom wrote:
> > >=20
> > >   RH> Basically, I think PLUG needs more visibility for your website
> > >   RH> on the search engines so that folks like myself CAN FIND IT!!!
> > >=20
> > > <http://www.google.com/search?q=3Dphiladelphia+linux+user+group>
> > >=20
> > > first match
> > >=20
> > > -kevin
> >=20
> > That's ONE search engine.  BTW, I never to Google, I use either Altavista=
>  or
> > Yahoo, I guess because that's the way I started using the internet.
>
> Yahoo now uses Google as its search engine:
>
> <http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=3Dphiladelphia+linux+user+group>
>
> first match
>
> Walt

Well, I don't remember it being that way for me, but I could be wrong.

I tried it myself with the search words you used.  It worked for me as well.
I think I used the wrong set of search criteria; something like "linux user group"
expecting that I could find the philly one amongst the listings.  Trying
that search criteria again yielded what I saw before.  I guess I went about it
the wrong way.

Apologies to PLUG if I created a stir for nothing.

regs
rupert