Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:59:36 -0500

Re: [PLUG] sound card and mp3 ripping/encoding question

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 11:15:42PM -0500, Kyle R . Burton wrote:
> > I'm confused on a finer point of ripping music files and encoding them
> > as mp3.

Thanks to all the good answers.

Among other things, Bill Jonas pointed me to abcde (A Better CD
Encoder), which appears to automate things quite nicely. The abcde
home page, in turn, sent me to the cdparanoia home page, where I
learned a bit more about that venerable application than I had
previously known. Indeed, the cdparanoia FAQ is quite informative on
the process of ripping, so I thought I'd share:

	<http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/faq.html>

--
 Jeff