Mike Leone on Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:07:36 -0500

Re: Re:[PLUG] CD Burning using MP3s as source

On 02 Jan 2001 23:13:48 -0500, Charles Chambers wrote:
> I'm new to the group, but I wonder why renaming mp3s makes a difference.

Because I don't want to?

Also, some of the GUI clients (like gcombust) can make a disc cover from
the song titles. And the filename gets burned onto the CD as the song
title, which can be re-read later, to make disc covers.

>Perhaps your CD player shows track info?

You mean the song title that's playing? My CD playing software does, but
no - there's no LCD panel that shows song titles on the player. Track
#/elasped time/remaining time, yes.

>Otherwise $99.00 gets a portable CD Player with 105 second cache and plays mp3s.
> Find it at Circuit City. (Now it's just more cables to mess with.)

Already have a portable CD player, and a CD burner, so I have eveything
I need - except for putting the existing files onto a disc. Why should I
spend the money, if I don't have to?