gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:47:40 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Help Needed with Xircom Modem/NIC & Linux

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 06:34:11PM +0100, MaD dUCK wrote:
> dear gabriel, may the god of revelation come upon you with the thought
> that a single NIC, even if made by the very good company xircom, can
> be broken, apart from all other NICs ever produced.

Beyond a wonky specific card, I don't see what your point is.

The ethernet chipset in all of the Xircom RealPort cards really is
the same.

> you want to know the SuSE specs? :)

Naw, it's someone else's ball of wax, and I'm pretty much happy with
the wavelan's 11Mbps.

> ... but if one breaks, you're without a modem and without a NIC until
> xircom decides to RMA ship back to you... that's why i hate
> multifunction cards and would never buy anything but component stereo
> systems.

::shrug::

*I* didn't buy the two-in-one, Martin...

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net