Alex Barylo on Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:07:33 -0500

Re: [PLUG] copying harddisks

> I think the problem with that is that it'll take a
> *really* long time if
> thye kernel runs out of randomness, and idd will block
> until more random
> data is available.  I could be wrong, though.  (wipe(1)
> once ran for ~12
> or 13 hours one time when I was deleting a bunch of
> stuff.....)

This is what happened to me when I was trying to generate
650 gpg key pairs. I mean the blocking part, not the
12-13 hours one :) Anyway, I got enough enthropy once I
put this in the beginning of the script:
  /bin/cp -rf /usr/local ./__LOAD_ME__ &

Alex.

=====
Before the accident, I could not even spell UNIX