gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:17:26 -0500

Re: [PLUG] ssh mirroring

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 03:57:34PM -0500, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> rsync?  Also on freshmeat.  Supposed to work across an ssh connection,
> although haven't tried it myself.  Just started to use it between a
> desktop and a laptop, rather nice.  For simple changes you can tell it
> just to compare the file date/time and not verify differences by
> checksum/CRC.

I use rsync quite regularly, as a replacement for NIS (long story,
and it's ugly right now, but when I get a control mechanism for it
cleaned up, I plan to release it), and have found it to be
completely reliable.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net