Kevin Falcone on Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:27:18 -0500

[PLUG] Re: sendmail "host not found" error

  EC> great, thanks Kevin.  That's what I needed.  I hope that wasn't
  EC> supposed to be intuitive or I'm in for a long ugly career in
  EC> this stuff.

not intuitive, but it is in the huge bat-book from O'Reilly somewhere,
and I think I originally picked it out of a HOWTO.  Sendmail is far
from intuitive, but it is powerful.  Prepare yourself for some
reading. (note, this is not an invitation for a "my mta is better than
yours" dsw)

  EC> Now if I can just figure out how to make qpopper accept my
  EC> password.  =/

I do hope that you're wrapping qpopper with stunnel, or at least doing
ssh forwarding.  Unsecured POP sucks.

-kevin

--
Usenet is no longer a quiet place of valued information. You prospect
and sometimes you get lucky. It's not a classroom and you cannot save