qumak on Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:07:28 -0500

Re: [PLUG] ATX power down

Le Jeudi 11 Janvier 2001 13:59, vous (Alexander John Batyi) avez écrit :
> Thanks!  I found all of this eventually but I have not gotten
> a clear picture of the way the button works.  I have two people
> from other sources swearing that the button is totally soft.
> One says I can trap for it in the BIOS and another tells
> me he has seen M$ Windows 98 boxes shutdown initiated by
> the power button.  I have not.

Just to comment, I have seen this, my dad's computer will shutdown when you
press the power button, if you hold it down for 3 seconds or something, it
will skip the shutdown and just shut off.  I think the reset button works the
same way, actually.

--qumak(james)