Bill Jonas on Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:47:21 -0500

[PLUG] netfilter in 2.4

[Sorry if this gets duplicated; I'm re-sending to plug@lists.p.o rather
than plug@p.o, since the latter doesn't appear to be working.]

Has anybody played with netfilter in 2.4.0?  I have set up an OpenBSD
firewall/masq'ing gateway, but it's annoying that there's nothing like
midentd (see Freshmeat) for it, and DCC sends in IRC don't work, and
various other things that Linux has support for in 2.2.  I noticed the
Advanced-Routing-HOWTO on linuxdoc.org; is there any other recommended
reading?  What are people's impressions of the firewalling capabilities in
2.4?

--
Bill Jonas                | "In contrast to the What You See Is What You
bill@billjonas.com        |  Get (WYSIWYG) philosophy, UNIX is the You